Covid-19 has taught us many things. One of them is that the country requires more self-reliance if we are to thrive. And while the corona crisis has been positive for many local retailers and independent traders who have felt an influx of demand from the public, British manufacturing – which is world-leading in so many areas – could still benefit from extra support. And that starts with each of us.
Here at SolidTek™, we’re committed to supporting British industry, skills development, and local economies as much as possible. In fact, since our inception in 2016, we have always aimed to ‘shop local’ for raw materials, office equipment and engineering services, sourcing all of our suppliers from the Northwest region, and where unavailable, from the UK.
We are proud to support the British manufacturing network and this is one of the main reasons SolidTek™ joined Made in Britain in 2016.
Made in Britain is another way that companies can support the industry. It brings together the British manufacturing community, united with the use of the registered collective mark. The mark is protected and can only be used by members of Made in Britain that meet the criteria they set to guarantee the member is a British manufacturer. By joining, members benefit from a licence to use the protected mark and receive their own manufacturer page in the Made in Britain Directory.
This is why we joined Made in Britain – and why you might want to
Steve Crick, Managing Director of SolidTek™, gives his top five reasons:
- SolidTek™ is able to source British materials and expertise easily – fulfilling our commitment to supporting British industry
- The Made in Britain collective mark adds credibility to our solid chemical products range
- We can network easily with other British manufacturers within the engineering/chemical industry, which is great for finding new clients and suppliers
- Our SolidTek™ profile page on the Made in Britain directory is great for building credibility and trust. It also helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
- The Made in Britain collective mark gives our solid chemical products credibility overseas, reassuring buyers during the purchasing process.
To find out more about Made in Britain: